Important Patient Announcement (updated 10/04/2021)
In view of the potential seriousness of Covid-19, please note that we respectfully ask that you are patient with us as we prepare our practice to welcome you back in a phased return to routine care. The return of routine care may not begin for a number of weeks or even months due to the complexities that occur during dental treatment and national guidance and the UK Covid-Alert-Level.
Our Practice has always maintained the highest, up-to-date cross infection control protocols. However, in light of the Covid-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines,training and protocols to ensure when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable for patients and staff.
This will mean a reduction in the number of patients we can see each day due to enhanced measures we must take to maintain safety.
Please do not come to the practice if you have not booked an appointment in advance as we are unable to see "walk-ins" at the moment.
We thank you for your support and we look forward to seeing you soon in an environment that is safe for everyone in these difficult times.
Dr. Matthias Schmidt
Dr. Sarita Kershaw
Surrey Quays Dental Practice
Should you have an emergency (pain, swelling, bleeding and deterioration of your health), please contact the practice. You will be triage over the phone by one of our dentists.
Due to these unprecedented times our phone-lines might be busier than usual, if you are unable to reach us over the phone, please email us.
You may see some changes when you have your next appointment.
We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff.
· Our practice will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You will be asked those same questions again at your appointment
· ONLY attend if you do NOT have any symptoms ofCovid-19 and are not self-isolating due to you or a member of your family having symptoms, have been tested + for Covid19 or due to being contacted by NHS Track and Trace and being advised to self-isolate.
· We have hand sanitiser that we will ask you to use when you enter the practice. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the practice for you to use as needed
· We no longer offer magazines or patient information leaflets until further notice,since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect
· Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
If you resides in one of the targeted postcodes for "new mutant variants" of Coronavirus, enhanced testing is available in
those areas. Please advise us, if a PCR test has been carried out and your test results, if available, at the time of booking or
prior to your appointment. Thank, you.
We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
How You can help when you have an appointment:
• If you have provided us your with your email address and are happy for us to securely email you over the practice forms prior to your apointment, we will do so and you can complete the forms in the comfort of your home. If you haven't provided us with your email address or wish not to opt for the remote forms, then please download a new Medical History Form and NHS PR-form from our Covid-19 Website. It is important, that you complete the forms before you attend your appointment. (download Medical History and NHS PR-Form for NHS Treatment)
• With the exception of children and patients with carers, patients should come alone
• Please do come without unnecessary items (e.g.bags, laptops, ..)
• Please bring your own pen (if possible)
• A distance of at least 2 meters must be observed if another patient is present in the dental practice
• Payment should be made by card where possible
• Staff will not shake your hand
• the toilet is currently out of order
• If you show symptoms following appointment booking,you should contact the practice by phone
• Please do not arrive without an appointment
• Please do not arrive early to the practice. If necessary, you should wait outside the practice and call us on 02072317912 as the door will be locked, as the weather gets worse this winter, and people continue to be asked to wait outside dental surgeries, please bring an unmbrella
• Wear a facial covering (mask)
• Before entering the practice your temperature will be recorded using a contactless thermometer.
• Please ensure we have your updated mobile number and email address for any future communication.This is the quickest and most environmentally friendly way for us to communicate with you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us and we would be more than happy to help in whatever way we can.
Thank you for your understanding and patients.
Surrey Quays Dental Practice - Team
(subject to constant review and guidance)
Do you have any questions regarding your oral health that need answering? Please have a look at the link, there you’ll find the most frequently asked questions. https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/dental-health/
Please find advise from the British Dental Organisation (BDA) for patients published on their website, please follow the link below.
For latest updated and advise, please also follow us on Social Media under "Surrey Quays Dental Practice"